Monday, July 21, 2008

Taps CON

Any comments about Taps CON? I will simply just say that it could have been better organized and my room had to be the nastiest room in the entire hotel. Rusty water, pubic hair all over the bathroom floot, mold in the bathroom, 2 inch gap in the window sill allowing mosquitoes in at night, lipstick on 3 or the 4 cups. This did not make a good impression. Actually, we checked out Saturday morning. While the history might be nice and the downstairs is nice, my room seriously lacked attention. Old is one thing....dirty is completely unacceptable!!!!!!!!! I can definately say I will NEVER stay at the Biltmore again and won't recommend it to anyone. We spoke with about 15 other people who had the same complaint so it was obviously just not us. Oh, I forgot to mention the exposed wires and mold on the ceiling in the corridor just down from us. Yes, I took photos of this in case someone doubted me. I just wanted to share my experience.

3 comments:

just me said...

Completely agree. Ours was not good either. Dirt, mold, faulty electric outlet in the bathroom. Won't stay here again either.

Fiona said...

Hey Onyx,
I sure don't want to slam you....only
wish I got a chance to visit with you, but it didn't look like you wanted to talk when I ran into you. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with your room. Hope you had at least some good memories to come home with. Meet any interesting people...or spirits?
I've sent Bill some photos & had a pretty good time. Hope you can make it to the next meeting.

Spirit Horse said...

Our room was actually O K after I repaired the commode. We thought the event was the most unorganized catastrophe that we have ever attended. No one in an authority position at TAPScon seemed to have any idea as to what was going on.
We did enjoy the classes and speakers,especially on deamonology, however the best part of the event was the comaderie between our group.