Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Let's Make this Clear

My job is to provide you with as much opportunity to have a paranormal experience as possible. Everyone has a different belief as to what a ghost is and as to what the experience is.

With my experiences I have my opinions. With your experiences, you have yours.

In the words shared by my good friend Dusty Smith with the Daytona Beach Paranormal Reserch Group, there is no right or wrong.

I don't like it when passersby start saying "boo" and other things while we are investigating. And I don't like it when I think you are too busy looking at a blinking meter that you don't really know what it means than being aware of the actual activity around you. I want you to have experiences that you remember for the rest of your life and I will work hard to put you in that situation with the right attiude and knowledge to do just that - but only if you let me instead of walking in with total preconcieved notions generated from a tv show. It is not an easy job trying to keep so many people with so many diverse backgrounds and desires happy.

The previous writer's grumbles centered around a cemetery investigation on a hot day rather than an evening home investigation. The cemetery we visited has been written about in at least 4 different books because of screams heard, apparitions seen, and more. As I have asked before, do you want the opportunity of a paranormal experience or are you just trying to fill your social calendar ?

I am fortunate, I already have a busy social calendar.


At our recent visit to the Belleview Biltmore, several attendees went into states of fear and depression in one of the wings. Observing and sharing that experience will be continually with me as I remember paranormal investigations. I want to have and to share paranormal experiences that are bigger than the last, that is my simply defined but very complex task for Tampa Ghost Watchers.

No comments: