Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Comments About Hans Holzer

With Sadness I report the death of the Greatest Ghost Hunter of All -

Hans Holzer.
(more about Dr. Holzer below)

With over 100 books to his credit, he investigated using spirit mediums with followup support using more scientific methods. Reading his first book when I was in high school is the basis for my involvement in paranormal investigations.

I have been frequently angered by investigators that have become totally reliant on "meters that go blink" for reasons they don't really know why instead of recognizing that we are seeking the remnants of a former real human spirit and that maybe a more spiritual approach is the most valid method of investigation offering a greater opportunity for personal experience. The "meters that go blink" have become the staple for tv ghost shows such as TAPS and Paranormal States. Jason, Grant, and others experiences pale in comparison to the worldwide investigations of Hans Holzer. He was best known for his investigations in Amityville NY.

In planning our upcoming Tarpon Springs investigation, on Sunday, May 17, I have had discussions with author and psychic Caryl Dennis. (You can find out more about her here) We have planned the Tarpons Springs investigation in two parts. (Date for second part to be announced, but tentatively Sunday, June 14.) The first on Sunday, May 17 is for our members exclusively to visit with the "meters that go blink" and then a followup with a spiritual workshop and investigaton also involving International speaker Bruce Moen. (More info about him here. ) My plan is simply to provide you with the opportunity to experience and learn for yourself what I feel is the real way to investigate paranormal activity rather than the hype generated by well produced tv shows provided for entertainment.

It is hard to take any supposed investigator seriously if they haven't read at least one of Hans Holzers books. He will be missed.

Bill

11 comments:

Tampa Ghost Watchers said...

I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL AND THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH POSTING. I HAVE LEFT THE NAME OF THE SENDER ANONYMOUS.

I am sorry to hear the loss of someone as Mr. Hans Holzer. However, your degrading comments on us "meter blinkers" was certainly uncalled for. I am open minded to the possibility of others abilities, and refrain from passing judgment because someone tells me they "feel" some one there or "here" them. I don't make snide comments about them or their supposed gifts. Yet you have the audacity to promote your feelings on research groups using elctronic equipment to gather proof while letting others know of someones death! Me and other members are disgusted with this blatant disrespect! The word is spreading...

Have a good day

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that people let their ego's get bruised so easily... Bill has a right to his opinion, as do any one of us in the TGW. I myself use both the gadgets when I feel a need but, also love to use my senses. Buy just using them they grow stronger and I become in-tuned with those energies that the spirits around put off.
After the great Rodney... Can't we all just get along...

Anonymous said...

I'm a newbie to investigating, but I've always heard about the petty arguing. I thought when I joined this group that everyone seemed extremely nice and welcoming. Everyone seemed to be above this kind of childish behavior. I'm starting to see another side, and It's very disapointing that so many adults are acting like children.

I thought this group promoted acceptance of different theories and techniques. I would have never expected to hear of any member being belittled for using a certain technique. Let alone coming from the founder himself.

All I can say is that I'm extremely disapointed and disillusioned.

Tampa Ghost Watchers said...

To be very clear, some of the equipment can provide you with information that is helpful, however, I have seen 3 identical $29.95 meters sitting immediately next to each other providing totally different readings. How reliable is your equipment and do you have a real idea of what an electromagnetic field or temperature inversion is supposed to mean or do you just want a "meter that goes blink" to make your life easy and indicate there is a ghost present ? If you are looking to have meaningful paranormal experiences that YOU feel rather that just a blinking light, then hang around Tampa Ghost Watchers, cause that is where I hope to take you.

If not, just go buy some new batteries.

one of the group said...

Bill has a right to his opinion... But.... don't we all? why does he have to comment on others beliefs.. if they are not like his... If you haven't read Sylvia Browns books or a book of hers does that mean you aren't psychic? If you haven't read the bible does that mean you can't believe in God? Maybe the people that have meters want that experience... We all have different ones, that's why there are so many different religions... We are all different, so lets be more respectful of each other.. thank you all.

Anonymous said...

Under "Let s make this clear" If there are no right or wrong... Then why get upset if its not your way? Just give suggestions and let people do their own hunting. Just sounds like you want to be in control. Anyone can write a book or several... and anyone can fake fear and depression... on a ghost hunt!

Tampa Ghost Watchers said...

We have this blog with open comments for a reason - so comments can be shared and exchanged. Thanks to all for doing so.

Rosemary said...

It's true there are no right and no actual wrong ways to do investigations. For years I relied upon psychic impressions and a tape recorder. I admit I've made use of the technical equipment that's now available. (It's good to show a home owner actual evidence.) Our group up in Spring Hill has most of the latest gadgets and I salivate just thinking about a thermal camera, but I never want to find myself TOTALLY immersed in the technical side of ghost investigations. I think some of my most memorable experiences didn't involve any equipment at all. Rosemary Norman, WFGR

Anonymous said...

I agree very much with rosemary. Why rely completely on one or the other when all sorts of techniques are available. The study of the paranormal isn't an exact science, so keep an open mind about all possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Live & let live,believe what you want and let others believe what they do. Maybe that sounds too simple but it's not worth fighting over! I am also new to this group and have seen how "guarded" people are about sharing or helping the so called "newbies." Everyone of them was a newbie at one time and not wanting the new people near you or helping them is just plain selfish. I'm starting to have real doubt about being involved with this group. There is enough crap going on in the world without arguing over who knows best or the people that "think" they are above others. You will never know what a person has to share with you. After all, we are all there for our own personal reasons! Grow up!

Gloria - Ghost Trackers said...

People have no idea what we, as directors go through to try to make everyone have an experience let alone a great experience. There are always those who are disruptive, who don't believe but go anyway and make it hell for everyone else and those who are truly into learning. No matter what you do, no matter what limb you go out on, there are always people who are NEVER satisfied. Nothing you do, nothing you say, no matter how much money you put up out of your own pocket, it's not good enough. You are one group that is always on the move, always doing things, always making things happen. Good for you.

They don't deserve to be there but we put up with them. We try to be nice guys to everyone.